Board Secretary and Compliance Officer - Arabic Speaking
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Board Secretary and Compliance Officer (Group CSCO) is responsible for:
1. Corporate Secretarial and General Administration duties at and between the Board Meetings.
2. Assisting Companies and the Executive Office in coordinating legal matters with their respective lawyers.
3. Ensuring the Companies adhere to all relevant Compliance requirements.
Key Roles or Tasks undertaken:
A. Corporate Secretary to the Board of Directors (“BOD”) and Committees of the Board of Directors (“Committees”):
1. Keeps lists of officers, Board Members, committees, and General Membership.
2. Ensures legal compliance in matters pertaining to the holding and conduct of the meetings of the Board of Directors, General Assembly, and Committees.
3. Keeps copies of the organization’s bylaws and the Board’s policy statements.
4. Notifies members of the Board, Shareholders, and committees of the meeting of the BOD, General Assembly, and the Committees respectively.
5. Prepare the agenda of the meetings for the BOD and General Assembly, in consultation with the Chairman of the Board. Distribute these agendas, along with any supporting documentation, to the members in advance of the meetings.
6. Makes sure that quorum is maintained at the meetings of the Board of Directors, General Assembly, and Committees.
7. Maintains accurate minutes of meetings of the BOD, General Assembly, and the Committees.
8. Records all motions and decisions of meetings.
9. Distributes copies of the minutes of meetings to the respective attendees, promptly after the meetings.
10. Conducts general Board correspondence.
11. Maintains identification copies (CPRs / Passports etc.) of the Board members and ensures the IDs are updated at all times.
B. Compliance and Legal:
1. Ensures familiarity with the Corporate Governance Code of the Kingdom of Bahrain as well as the revisions and updates thereto.
2. Acts as the Corporate Governance Officer for the Companies and ensures the yearly registration at the MOICT is completed on time.
3. Understands both, Internal and External Financial / Reporting requirements, updates the Board and Senior Management of the same, and ensures adherence.
4. Ensures all the Companies have an updated Company record at the MOICT and other Government agencies, ensuring a zero offence position at all times.
5. Implements incorporation of new companies including preparation of all relevant documents across GCC, amendment of company CR, adding activities, etc.
6. Reviews legal documents, including but not limited to, commercial agreements/contracts, franchise agreements, sale/purchase agreements, financing documents, lease agreements, property-related documents, POA, notarization, etc. as required by the Board.
7. Researches legal resources such as articles, codes, statutes, judicial decisions, compliance updates, etc. and update the Board of Directors on matters relevant to the Companies.
8. Supports the personal requirements of individual shareholders.
9. Any other responsibilities assigned by the Board of Directors
*Only Shortlisted Candidates will be called*
Desired Candidate Profile
Basic - Bachelor of Laws (LLB)(Law), Any Graduation
1. Must be able to Read / Write / Speak in Professional and Conversational Arabic (will be tested) 2. Must be able to Read / Write / Speak in Professional and Conversational English (will be tested) 3. Education Requirements: Bachelors in Law + Certification in Corporate Governance (preferred) + Bahrain Commercial & Labour Law Certifications (highly preferred) 4. Experience Requirements: At least 3-4 years of experience as a Board Secretary. Must be well experienced in taking meeting minutes accurately, able to draft professional / business & legal letters and reports, qualified enough to understand financial and business terms/topics, and must have acted as an effective coordinator on Group / Board level matters. 5. Skills Requirement: Report Writing, Board level Secretarial skills, Coordination, Contract Drafting and Review, Legal Assistance / Advisory 6. Candidates holding/studying for Chartered Company Secretary qualifications (or its equivalent) are highly preferred 7. Applicants must have worked as a Company Secretary / Board Secretary for 3-5 years, at the least, in Bahrain (Mandatory) ** Candidate must be able to join quickly - within a month (Bahrain based candidates preferred)**
Your application has been successfully submitted.