Finance Assistant - Cash
About The Role
You will responsible for ensuring the accurate collection and deposit of sales generated from QAS EBT, Porter Services, Oryx Lounge and ad hoc cash handling QDF Sales etc. Effectively handle all cash and credit transactions on a daily basis. Deposit funds with the Accounts department in a timely manner. Effectively maintain accounts, follow up / reconciliation, monitor payments and receipts. Review and reconcile on a daily basis. Liaise with external and internal customers providing high standards of support, with a customer service oriented attitude and assist team in creating a strong sense of unity.
- Cash handling risk. Accountable for any cash shortage i.e. cash shortages will be deducted from salary.
- Reconcile daily cash collection.
- Collection of cash and card sales from customers. Sorting of collection and tallying of cash /credit card collections with sales.
- File and record all deposit slip or cash receipts for finance review and records.
- Control and release petty cash for approved requesters following finance policy.
- Interact with passengers, airport and airline staffs, duty managers, bank staffs with professional conduct.
- Ensure no credit facility is given to any customer unless written approval is obtained from Finance authority under the Finance Policy related to Credit.
- Prepare daily and monthly closing reports on a timely basis.
- Preparation of floats and issue as and when the staff comes to collect
- Reporting of excess and shortages on a daily basis.
You Will Possess
- A minimum of 2 years specialist of job-related experience required.
- One year experience in currency handling.
- Previous experience as a Cashier/Finance Assistant preferably in a Multinational/Airline/Hospitality organization desirable.
- Experience in computerized working environment.
- Understands the need to work together to create an environment of co-operation and mutual responsibilities.
- Exposure in MS Office, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Oracle systems preferred.
- Good customer handling skills.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Going Places Together