- Provide postal support in the areas of postal finance and delivery, customer service, receipt, process, and dispatch bulk volume of mail totaling approximately over two million kilograms for joint U.S. military and foreign military coalition forces, civilian DoD and contractors in Kuwait.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Safeguard all mail.
- Loads/Unloads mail trucks. Process all Pro-grade and Retro-grade mail at APOs and JMMT. Verify mail pieces on incoming mail manifest. Prepare outgoing mail manifest.
- Separate accountable mail from ordinary mail.
- If x-ray machine is available, assist in feeding and retrieving randomly selected mailbags, parcels and suspicious mail to/from X-Ray machine for incendiary explosive devices and other prohibited items, notify supervisor.
- Open and process mailbags and letter trays. Sort mail by authorized APOs or assigned units. Deliver all mail services (i.e. Insured, Certified) using required postal form.
- Conduct unit mail call at prescribed time and provide the necessary customer assistance to the unit mail clerks.
- Distribute incoming mail to authorized unit mail clerks and ensure unit mail clerk sign for custody of mail (i.e. Barcoded. Insured, Certified, and/or Registered mail). Re-direct all Missent mail from Unit Mail Clerks for forwarding to appropriate location.
- Rewrap, reseal/repair, and endorse mail received in damaged condition.
- Perform Directory Service functions on mail and use the Standard Pouching and Routing Instructions (SPRINT) and Consolidated Air Massing and Labeling Scheme (CAMALS) charts to forward mail to appropriate locations.
- Perform Postal Supply functions; manage stocks, conduct inventory, order and receive supply for assigned postal facility.
- Retrieve outgoing mail from USPS mail drop-boxes located throughout assigned areas of the base installation. Date stamp and consolidate all mail in letter tray or flat basket for dispatch.
- Receipt outgoing official mail from the base installation Official Mail section.
- Operate or learn to operate Retail Software System (RSS) or Pitney Bowes to provide postal finance services to authorized patrons.
- Provide customer service to authorized patrons and explain/advise available postal services.
- Perform Parcel Inspection functions; inspect patron’s mail prior to entering the postal system to ensure articles are free of Non-mailable items prescribed by the DoD.
- Perform mail closeout procedures; pouch and tag all outgoing mail (Bags and OSP) for dispatch to various destination worldwide.
- Ensure slide/EDL label is date stamped and appropriate gateway fly tag is on OSP and mailbag. Annotate weight of all outgoing mail and record the each weight on the outgoing mail manifest worksheet.
- Process/Prepare required mail manifest when dispatching mail to APO camps, JMMT, or Mail Control Activity (MCA). Record total volume and weight daily on mail dispatch log.
- Secure mail truck staged overnight by using a lock and seal; seal number must be recorded to ensure mail will not be compromised.
- Load outgoing mail on aircraft pallet and mail truck. Prepare required mail manifest to relinquish custody of the mail for dispatch from the JMMT.
- Maintain high security of postal facility at all times; escort unauthorized personnel requiring access in the facility.
- Performs additional duties approved and required by the company (i.e. Safety Representative, Fire Warden, etc.)
- Performs general housekeeping and custodial services in the JMMT or APO.
- Performs other related tasks/duties as directed.
- Minimum Qualifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Valid passport.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination:
- The State of Kuwait (and certain airlines) now require proof of COVID-19 Vaccination. The definition of fully vaccinated is that you’ve: 1.) received a vaccine that is recognized by the governing entity and is either a.) Two doses of Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine b.) Two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford Vaccine c.) Two doses of Moderna Vaccine (or) d. One dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine, and 2.) Two weeks elapsed after the final dose was administered, which is either one or two doses depending on brand of the vaccination. You must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to qualify for this position.
- Military postal (school or on-the-job training), USPS training, commercial cargo shipping, parcel handling/warehousing, and/or mail room distribution training are preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must know all postal procedures and techniques used by postal personnel in operation of Army and base post offices
- Must be able to organize, control, coordinate, and supervise technical operations of postal unit;
- Must be able to instigate work simplification methods;
- Must be able to perform supervision of customs inspections conducted by custom agencies;
- Provides advice and makes, recommendations to the commander aid staff on all matters pertain to enlisted personnel and their families
- Accompanies the commander on inspections and visits and at ceremonies
- Assists in inspection of command activities facilities aid personnel as prescribed by the commander
- Holds First Sergeants' or Sergeants' Major call to announce information and instructions
- Ensures that newly assigned enlisted personnel are instructed in military courtesy, customs, of the service, and command regulations or policies
- Provides counsel and guidance to NCOs and other enlisted personnel of the command
- Inspects duties performed by subordinate NCOs
- Notes discrepancies and initiates appropriate corrective action
- Assists in reception of visitors to the command; sits as president or, member of command promotion board for NCOs, as authorized by regulations
- Working Conditions:
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
True To Your Mission