Chief Steward (Jordanian National)
About the job
At Accor, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As Chif Steward , your leadership and vision will ensure outstanding operating results through hotel's kitchens & outlets, an engaged team and consistent guest satisfaction.
The Fairmont Amman is featuring 317 luxurious guestrooms and suites including Fairmont Gold, the brand’s hotel within a hotel featuring amenities such as private reception and guest lounge. The hotel’s food and beverage offerings provide unique concepts designed to add flair and sophistication to an already exciting city.
- Assign in detail, specific duties to all employees under his supervision and instructs them in their work inclusive of external contracted employees
- Prepare work schedule with computerized schedule planners and obtain advance approval of overtime and vacation on a weekly basis
- Submit weekly payroll and overtime report to the Executive Chef for approval
- Ensure personal cleanliness and proper deportment of all employees under his supervision
- Hold trainings and meetings with the Training Managers and Chemical Supplier
- Prepare operating equipment provision budget for glass, silver and chinaware in coordination with breakage and theft itemized cades
- Bring to attention of any non-usable products to the Executive Chef, record them as breakage and insures that par levels of equipment are kept up to date
- Prepare and maintain all outlet par stocks with the Restaurant Managers and prepare coat breakage reports for section
- Prepare expense forecasts for cash payroll, detergent cleaning suppliers, energy costs etc. during Annual Profit & Loss Budget
- Ensure proper sanitation standards are met through maintenance of local health and sanitation codes
- Maintain contracts with vendors and supplier such as Garbage Disposal, Chemical Suppliers, Exterminator, Night Cleaning Contracts if applicable, and arranges special cleaning schedule when applicable
- Ensure that all Food & Beverage garbage are properly sorted and removed from all areas and transferred to the garbage room
- Coordinate maintenance of all back of the house equipment with the Executive Chef and Chief Engineers and schedule weekly kitchen cleaning
- Coordinate with the Food & Beverage Manager and Banquet Manager on all equipment pertaining to festivals, promotions and V.I.P. Banquet set up
- Submit a Monthly Report to the Executive Chef pertaining to the status of the Stewarding Department
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment
- Secondary / High school education
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a similar capacity
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language
- Ability to speak other languages and basic understanding of local languages will be an advantage
- Compulsory social insurance contribution and 24/7 accident insurance once employment confirmed.
- Uniform & Duty meal are provided.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide.
- Develop your talent through learning programs by Academy Accor.
- Opportunity to grow within your property and across the world.
- Ability to contribute to local community and make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
Visa Requirements: Jordanian National Only
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit https://careers.accor.com to learn more about Accor Hotels Group & Fairmont Hotels and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
About Frhi Hotels & Resorts
As a leader in the global hospitality industry, we provide global hospitality expertise and resources that enhance the value of our leading hotel brands – Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Raffles Hotels & Resorts and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts. Recognized as a top employer, FRHI’s corporate culture encourages professional development and growth opportunities from within, building a loyal and experienced colleague base who are passionate about providing guests with a unique and meaningful travel experience. Our teams are guided by values of respect, teamwork, integrity, accountability and excellence. We employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Known by travelers throughout the globe, world-class properties in our unrivalled hotel portfolio include The Fairmont Banff Springs, Raffles Hotel, Singapore, Fairmont Peace Hotel, Swissôtel The Bosphorus, and the famed Savoy in London. The company is also focused on growth and has a robust development pipeline of new hotels that will open around the world over the next five years. For more information, please visit www.group.accor.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unforgettable. Since 1907