Technology Procurement Engineer
Your role as a Technology Procurement Engineer is to spearhead the purchasing process of large-scale technical assets from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as providing guidance on sourcing and procurement processes
- Ensure adequacy and on time response for all received IT and Telco needs for the company by requesting and negotiating offers with the suppliers to guarantee best prices vs best quality with related evaluation.
- Validate technical evaluation and perform commercial evaluation of all received requests while ensuring a proper understanding of business needs.
- Prepare, review, and validate RFQ documents and performs related evaluation while understanding technical scope.
- Benchmark UPL to ensure best prices.
- Introduce new suppliers.
- Follow up with new suppliers and Finance on documentation needed to create related portfolio.
- Follow up with different suppliers on the delivery of goods requested through POs when necessary.
- Create monthly performance reviews and reports focusing on overall sourcing requirements (PO files, savings file etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or any other relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or any relevant field, preferably in the telecom industry.
- Professional proficiency in Arabic and English required.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in skimming the market.
- Strong solid experience in large-scale technical assets purchasing.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Strong Multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain a network of suppliers.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Great Communication skills: verbal and written.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Art Of Telecom