TPM Administration Officer
Under the management of the TPM Management Unit Head, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative and security support services to the TPM project. The Administration Officer will be responsible for implementing the administrative policies and procedures according to Federation standards. In addition to several security and safety rules and regulations.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Undertake and/or coordinate all office related procurement.
- Support in the office’s IT basic needs in coordination with the IT Sr. Officer.
- Handle basic security requirements in coordination with the IFRC Sr. Security Officer.
- Check on a daily basis that all vehicles parked at the IFRC office are properly equipped. In particular, check that each vehicle contains a first aid kit, a tool set, a torch, a list of emergency numbers and a map.
- Check on a daily basis that all vehicles parked at the IFRC office are properly maintained. In particular, check the fuel and oil levels, the water levels in the radiator and batteries, the level of the brake fluid, the lights and indicators, the condition and tension of the fan belt and the tire pressures and tire tread (including spare wheel).
- Report all vehicle defects and any missing items to the Office Manager immediately no matter how minor.
- Check logbooks on a daily basis and ensure that recordings are kept up to date. All private mileage in excess of the limits stated in the IFRC's administrative procedures must be advised to the Office Manager. Ensure that all logbooks are collected and handed over to the Administration Assistant on the first day of each month for the Transport Management System to be updated.
- Ensure that all vehicles parked at the IFRC office are cleaned (inside and outside) on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the IFRC's vehicles are properly parked at the IFRC office. In particular, check that all vehicles are parked facing the exit and not too close together and that no non IFRC vehicles are parked within the office compound.
- Keep the service records for each vehicle within the vehicle file as well as copies of invoices for all repairs and services and ensure that a service requisition is submitted to the Office Manager at due times (this should be minimum of the earlier of 6 months or 10,000 km in the case of normal driving conditions or the earlier of 3 months or 5,000 km in the case of off-road driving).
- Ensure that a requisition is made to the Office Manager for spare parts that are needed and ensure that a copy of the requisition is included in the vehicle file.
- Check vehicles upon completion of repairs and services and, if satisfied that the work has been completed, sign goods received note or, if not available, invoice, to signify that work has been satisfactorily completed.
- Assist in obtaining travel insurance and police clearance for all vehicles and ensure that the vehicle is properly equipped, is in good order and has all necessary documentation (including at least the mission order, the logbook, the vehicle registration document, the insurance certificate(s) and any police clearance required) before leaving on any trip outside Beirut.
- Act as driver on official missions outside Beirut. This may involve driving in the region.
- Generates movement plans for the Field Monitors all around the country on weekly basis.
- Maintain good and high-level public relations with all service providers.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality at all levels of work. Any other duties that may be assigned by the TPM Management Unit Head.
Job Duties And Responsibilities (continued)
Security and Safety
- Identifying and developing functional contacts and relationships with key stakeholders (i.e., local authorities, security actors, political representatives, etc.).
- Identifying reliable sources of information in the areas of intervention.
- Triangulate information received from the field.
- In communication with Lebanon Country Delegation Senior Security Officer carrying out security check-ups and clearances for expatriate/international and national staff before their movements to the field.
- Compile and submit bi-weekly reports that track incidents and trends in humanitarian access and local security contexts within the IFRC in the areas of operation in the country.
- Conduct security briefings for field missions and new staff members joining the TPM project, as required.
- Conduct security assessments for the implementation locations.
- Maintains database records and hardcopy files used to track safety and security data.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- University Degree in Business Administration or relevant major - required
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or relevant major - preferred
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in administration - required
- Experience in procurement tenders and processes - required
- Experience in supervising people - required
- Experience in working in a complex environment - required
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Proficient with Internet and Microsoft Offices – MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint - required
- Multi-tasking skills - required
- Good written and verbal communications skills - required
- Stress management skills - required
- Driving license (Public driving license is preferred) - required
- Good knowledge with all the Lebanese regions (Akkar, North, Mount Lebanon, Beirut, Beka’a and South) - required
- Fluent in English and Arabic - required
- French language - preferred
Competencies and Values
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Customer relations
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and longlist will be done on a rolling basis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world’s largest volunteer–based humanitarian network