e’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more jti.com
Department GSC - Finance
Location Shebeen El-Kom
Role Permanent; please be advised this role will require frequent travel between factories in Shebeen El-Kom, and 6th October for 1-2 days during the month, quarter, and annual closures.
Purpose of the Role
The cost accounting Supervisor position is supporting the overall accounting and costing functions, including audit, compliance, and taxes under various laws and regulations of JTI while ensuring full compliance with all company policies and procedures and statutory requirements. Ensures necessary participation and support in the company’s planning, forecasting, and budgeting cycles. Provide necessary assistance to internal and external auditors of the company in carrying out their duties as required by the company standards and regulations. Secure confidential information related to the company’s activities.
- Manage and coordinate conversion costs and prepare all needed submissions, analyses, and roadmaps for the actual and planning cycle.
- Actively participate in the planning cycle to prepare all conversion cost-related templates/slides, roadmaps.
- Participate in Reviewing all inventory movements and physical count and checking the valuation with the accounting team. Perform inventories variance analysis.
- Prepare all required month-end closing entries related to conversion cost and share them with Accounting Team and make all required submissions via systems.
- Contribute to achieving the factory KPIs, support continual improvement for EHS, Energy & Quality management systems, and ensure compliance with code of conduct, legal & other requirements.
Skills & Experience
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related study. CPA/CMA or another relevant accounting qualification.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a management position in a multinational company.
- Fluent English.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and ERP prefer SAP.
Your application has been successfully submitted.