About The Role
As a Food Server, you will be responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. Food servers are responsible of taking guest orders and serving food and beverages to guest tables.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Prepares table by laying lines, crockery, cutlery, etc.
- Obtains food from the kitchen, serves food and beverages and removes items such as cutlery, etc. not required for the meal.
- Removes crockery, etc. on completion of a course, receives any complaints from the guests and relay the message to the F&B supervisor
- Checks the table during the meal, empties ashtrays, refills water as necessary and replenish any additional requirements of the guests
- Complete closing side-work duties
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems
- Escort customers to their tables when required
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
- Inform guests on daily specials if any
- Answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Serve food and/or beverages to guests
- Stock service areas with supplies as required and requested
- Correctly wipe cutleries and glassware
- Serve food to guests in buffet service when required
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- High school graduation
- Minimum 2 years of relevant hospitality experience
- Passion for food and service
- Ability to carry a large tray with food from the kitchen to guest tables
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the airport
- Be able to stand for long period of time
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment and able to work under pressure
- Read and write English fluently
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination.
Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Going Places Together