Customer Enquiry Advisor
• The Customer Enquiry Advisor is responsible for answering customer calls and inquiries. Ensure customer bookings, shipment status and tracking calls are answered and responded to as per network standards. Provide a competent, courteous, efficient and proactive point of contact for customers both internal and external.
• The agent is also responsible for helping to achieve revenue targets through effectively promoting and selling DHL’s products and value added services.
• The customer service department has been structured to provide telephone assistance to customers (internal and external) when making inquiries, with regards to delayed or missing shipments. The department expands DHL’s capabilities, both re-actively and pro-actively, to ensure that all customers (internal and external) experience consistently high levels of service at all times.
• The multifunctional Customer Service Agent must ensure that service levels are constantly met and exceeded through accurate bookings, trace escalations and regular communication with both the network and the customer.
• Provide a high level of customer service and professionalism taking into account the consideration that all DHL customers have an express requirement and are looking for instant and immediate action.
• Offer alternatives to customers and potentially turn information calls into sales leads or identify other additional value added services to customers when opportunities arise during the course of interaction
• Adhere to existing Customer Service procedures as outlined in the department manuals, while maintaining discretion to exercise flexibility to customers’ needs within reasonable limits in consultation with CS supervisors and managers.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of all departments, DHL network, products and services in order to provide customers with accurate information, transit times, clearance delays, customs paperwork requirements, packing, accounting and sales queries with confidence at all times.
• Highlight any recurring problems that are manifested through traces and then direct the information accordingly so that corrective actions can be taken promptly.
• Highlight opportunities and suggest solutions to improve DHL’s procedures, technology and service so that DHL can provide continuously on a universal level high standards of service to all customers.
• Work effectively both individually and as part of a team to achieve both individual and department goals and objectives as well as strive consistently to promote a positive team spirit.
• Deal competently with customer complaints and take all possible actions to resolve any issues to their fullest satisfaction with minimal intervention of supervisor.
• Must take ownership of all customer inquiries and queries and provide alternatives and solutions closing it out at their end. Traces must be logged and followed up regularly to deliver optimum levels of service at all time. For escalations, the jobholder must follow the network standards and consult with the team leader/Supervisor if unsure.
• Will be responsible for arranging special requests and deliveries where and when required with the ultimate objective being service excellence and customer satisfaction. He / she must communicate all delays and other service issues to the Supervisor.
• Must be highly organised in keeping records of shipment tracking / special requests, daily follow – ups and plan a course of action to ensure that set targets and goals are achieved and consistently met.
• Must always be pro-active and energetic when dealing with customers in work practices; effective and friendly communication is key to satisfying our customers. The jobholder must constantly strive to keep self-updated on all DHL processes, systems, products, technology and strive to achieve higher standards.
• Other duties and responsibilities as and when required by supervisors, management or the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must have at least 2 years of experience working in a Customer Service/Call Centre in a Large Organisation.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s or Associate Diploma degree level.
• Sound educational back ground with knowledge of the Service Industry, an added advantage.
• Fluent in English and Arabic languages.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated individual, capable of taking ownership and can work independently.
• Tolerance for stress in a fast-paced working environment.
• Excellent planning and organising skills.
• Passion for satisfying customers.
• Typing speed of 35 words per minute.
• Possesses good relationship building and interpersonal skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world´s most international company