We are offering an Inventory Controller position to be based at our Dubai office. You will play a key role in meeting our ambitious aspirations for the future. The growing awareness world-wide for environment and energy savings are enabling us to deliver strong value to our customers and we need you to support our continued success.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for managing all inventory control related activities. The main purpose of the role is to execute inventory control measures to ensure that the company minimizes stock holding and maximizes stock system and paperwork accuracy. The role carries responsibility for working with purchasing, goods inwards and dispatch, to ensure necessary functions are carried out correctly. You will be expected to achieve a minimum of 95% inventory record accuracy.
The position does not carry any supervisory or management responsibility.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalizing inventory and maximizing available working capital.
- Maintain the company’s material and product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations.
- Minimize overstock and look after the removal of obsolete/redundant raw materials to maximize availability of working capital.
- Organize and control goods inward/stock control department to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business.
- Document all incoming products and manage appropriately according to company procedure.
- Monitor and evaluate consumables usage and costs.
- Track and evaluate material utilization and scrap.
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
- Be responsible for managing and running planned stock takes.
- Perform cyclic stock checks.
- Check and adjust shop floor data collection data
- Ensure works orders are correct and fully completed and that all stock has been allocated to the job correctly.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance.
- Prepare daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these background and skills.
- Relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management/purchasing
- Has understanding of MRP and inventory control/management systems and ERP.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in lean manufacture, kanban and kaizen continuous improvement or similar production tools within a low volume, high quality manufacturing facility would be an advantage.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer-focused working environment.
- Highly organized and possesses business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Has the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Willing to learn, improve and adapt.
- Equipped with practical IT skills in MS Office applications.
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Insights for Tomorrow