CASHIER - FINANCE - EKFC GROUP COMPANY
Applications are invited for the position of Cashier
The job holder will handle cash transactions, including cash receipts from outlets, cheque receipts from customers, payments to staff, petty cash reimbursements, etc. The Cashier is expected to maintain adequate impress for daily payments.
Key Accountabilities (External)
- Ensure that cash receipts are used for disbursing daily imprest expenses in accordance with established financial control procedures
- Accept cash receipts from outlets, cheques from customers, payments to staff, reimbursements for petty cash, per diem/ travel related cash, etc
- Book entries in the system (receipts & payments) accurately. Maintain daily account of the daily transactions and balance daily account at the end of each day.
- Coordinate with F&B and Billing staff for correct and timely submission of daily cash sales and verify and validate the cash received to ensure these are not counterfeit notes including foreign currencies
- Perform sales check from outlets with bank statement and identify and report immediately any variances
- Maintenance and safe keeping of bank guarantees and performance bonds
- Adherence to the established financial control procedures and take all reasonable steps to safeguard company money to enable insurance claim in the event of any loss
- Responsible for safe custody of Treasury office keys and safe keys with combination locks
- Prepare accurate and timely reports for the department.
- Contribute in revising work methods, forms, formats, and standards to improve operating efficiency.
- Contribute by responding, co-ordinating & investigating requests/queries received from the stakeholders as per agreed SLA
- Update and maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Comply with all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls
Essential Requirements & Competencies
Graduate in accounting or commerce or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in the area of Finance
- Sound book keeping knowledge
- Knowledge of advanced excel functions
- ERP experience in Finance Modules
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively interact with employees and vendors
Your application has been successfully submitted.