Marketing & Events Manager (FT)
- You will lead our efforts to drive growth of new clients and partners plus assist in the design, creation and execution of all sports events.
- In this role you will collaborate with our Marketing Agency and across the business to create the marketing strategy and establish the facility’s timetable to maximize footfall during operating hours.
- The ideal candidate will be a fitness enthusiast with the passion to drive community engagement and generate growth of new clients and customers.
- You'll have an innovative mindset and enjoy engaging with multiple audiences to gather ideas and feedback for event production.
- Assist with the creation and execution of the facility's marketing plan ensuring full coverage across necessary channels
- Establish clear digital marketing activations and marketing calendar planning for the facility
- Work with the Central Client Team and Marketing Agency to establish brand presence in the province through influencer/ambassador partnerships, media, third party collaboration, affiliate network as well as online presence through social channels
- Work with venue sponsors to conceptualize sponsor integration into the venue
- Maintain marketing plans so they are up to date at all times and record all results of marketing activities to demonstrate ROI
- Be responsible for collateral to support sales activities
- Deliver high quality leads to the sales team
- Ensure marketing activities are optimized and make recommendations for improving performance
- Develop a strong understanding of sports and sporting events
- Survey customers to determine their satisfaction with the facility’s programs and activities.
- Develop, manage and drive the execution of the events strategy and calendar
- Partner with brands and federations that complement and support our mission
- Coordinate with our Marketing Agency to create awareness of our events among key audiences
- Manage relationships with contractors/freelancers and external partners
- Coordinate volunteers, working with Operations and HR in their recruitment and training
- Ensure that all company uniforms and grooming standards for the team are followed during events.
- 5+ years experience in marketing and/or events
- Has a passion for sports and activity and helps represent the brand
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrates excellent project management and communication skills
- Loves solving complicated problems
- Leads with a spirit of continuous learning and iteration, and see room for growth across all processes and projects
- Creative, and enjoys brainstorming new ways to engage audiences
- Brings a strong entrepreneurial mindset and is excited to learn quickly
- Has the ability to demonstrate success of planning events for diverse communities
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative startup environment.
- Degree qualified with strong academic record (Marketing Degree preferred).
- 5 years related work experience.
- Certifications or experience in an area of sport.
Duplays was founded on a simple observation. People move to a new city and find it difficult to connect with others to play the sports they left behind but still love to play. We wanted to change that, so we started Duplays (yes a play on words for “Dubai plays”), as an online platform that would connect sports enthusiasts with sport leagues that we’d organize across the Emirate. We found the venues, hired the referees, and created teams and schedules. We did this at scale, across Dubai and Abu Dhabi, each night, every night to become the UAE’s largest provider of adult, participatory sport.Our mission today is no different. We want to be the sport venues of choice for people to play sports. Today, we embark on not just organizing high-quality sport experiences but building best-in-class sport facilities at scale across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the UAE, starting with our two facilities in Riyadh and Dammam, launching in 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting communities through sport