Administers planned, quality nursing care in the OT in a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Dons & adheres to operating room attire according to policy and procedure.
• Prepares room and assembles instruments & equipment based on patient’s surgical needs.
• Demonstrate knowledge of aseptic technique.
• Correctly identifies patient and surgical site.
• Checks thoroughly the pre-operative checklist of patient; including completion of required diagnostic & laboratory procedures
• Monitors patients’ vital signs in the pre-operative area and post-operative recovery room
• Positions patient with the use of positional aids, maintaining circulatory, respiratory, neuromuscular homeostasis while maintaining privacy and providing maximum exposure to the operative procedure
• Demonstrates skill in performing the duties of scrub nurse and circulating nurse
• Provides safety to patient, to self & the whole surgical team by adopting safety protocols like ‘Time Out’
• Implements correct practices for the prevention of infection, practicing strict aseptic technique & maintenance of sterile field.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient’s records and updates all relevant patient documentation / medical records as per hospital policy and procedure.
• Demonstrates competence in Cardio – Pulmonary Resuscitation technique
• Strictly adheres to the waste segregation and disposal as per hospital policy
• Responsible for checking of crash carts and emergency equipment’s as per hospital policy.
• Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy
• Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of Hazmat items including the MSDS as per hospital policy
• Follows the reporting mechanisms /chain of command in the Nursing Department. Issues are correctly and quickly reported. These include all patient care issues.
• Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the charge nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock
• Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Charge Nurse as assigned
• Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
• Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
• Participates as a member of the code black team as per hospital policy
• Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
• Performs any other assigned responsibilities as identified by the Charge Nurse / Supervisor / Nursing Administrator.
• Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
• Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
• Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
• Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
• Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
• Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
• Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
Desired Candidate Profile
Qualification, Licensure, Education, Experience, Special Skills:
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Diploma in Nursing.
• Current license in country of origin and with DOH license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE
• Minimum 2 years nursing experience after qualification.
• BLS provider
• Good English spoken & written, Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Care. Community. Compassion.