Senior Design Manager - Saudi Arabia
We are currently recruiting a Senior Design Manager. This role will be part of our Project Management Office based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Buro Happold brings integrated teams of consultants, program and project managers and technical experts with experience in appraising, planning, designing and executing complex developments from iconic buildings to smart cities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing practice and iconic programs and projects in the Riyadh office.
Current and recent examples of projects we are working on include King Salman Park, NEOM, and Amaala.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
Your Daily Responsibilities Are Expected To Comprise The Following...
The Senior Design Manager (DM) can support clients at the strategic or project level. Their role is primarily to manage Design Consultants through the different stages of a design process. The DM is also required to advise in strategic discussions that are affected by the design of the project. In addition to this, the DM is expected to provide technical input into design related material and deliverables within the scope of BH. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests related to design, to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Overseeing RIBA design stages within individual projects, and masterplan developments.
- Reviewing design submissions for gateway approvals
- Partaking in value engineering and cost validation exercises
- Supporting the Project Manager in the overall project deliverables
- Creating RFPs for design consultants and related activities
- Writing weekly and monthly reports on the design progress.
- Client liaison on all design matters – Including status as well as advising
- Managing multiple projects
- Develop the best way in which programs or projects are to be structured, directed and managed, including the optimal organisation structure, authority and decision-making roles
- Define the organisation of the design and delivery process, including the level of client interface and oversight, resources and skills, design cycles, assurance approach, information and communication management and design packaging approach
- Support the Project Planner in developing the schedule and strategic milestones, analyse key dependencies and test various phasing options.
- Evaluate the progress of a project to detect limitations or faults in order to seek solutions to a more efficient process
- Use processes to delegate and ensure even distribution of tasks to project team members
- Conduct feasibility studies and oversee the selection of consultants and sub-consultants
- Support the growth and improvement of the PMO processes and procedures
We'll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
Our ideal candidate is expected to demonstrate the following...
A person who demonstrates the experience of working with clients and a broad understanding of the design process. You will be able to demonstrate a profile of:
- A highly organised, creative, and conscientious individual, capable of managing multiple key stakeholder expectations
- Excellent written, visualisation and verbal communication skills, and can easily simplify complex concepts into compelling narratives to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A positive, resilient attitude with a willingness to undertake volume work processes
- Proven ability to manage time and act with pace, demonstrating a highly organised approach to work, and customer service.
- A Bachelor's degree in Architecture from a western University, and studied in that country
- 10+yrs experience, with a minimum of 5yrs within the Middle East
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write complex reports and RFPs
- Strong attention to details and technicalities
- Excellent organisational and technical skills
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Ability to adapt and stress management skills
- Good IT and mathematical skills
Why Buro Happold?
From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world-class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.