Franchise Hotel - Front Office Manager
Your day to day
- Manage day-to-day staffing needs, plan and assign work and establish performance and development
goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to improve team member
- Educate and train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety
- Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Ensure your team are properly trained on systems, security, service and quality standards.
- Ensure your front office team delivers a great service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to engage with guests.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous
improvement in guest satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Help prepare annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control labour costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management.
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk.
- Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Train team members on PBX procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This job is the top Front Office job and may report to a Director of Rooms at a large luxury or resort hotel. Typically supervises front desk agents, and porter/shuttle services, reservations, PBX, etc. May oversee a team.
What we need from you
- Bachelor's degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/ Business
Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Other languages preferred.
What we offer
We'll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits - great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you'll become part of the global IHG family - and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.