Franchise Hotel - Director of Sales
Your day to day duties
- Manage everyday activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work efficiently
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive - connect departments to create sense of one team
- Develop Commercial plans and strategies for the hotel to drive revpar performance
- Set, implement and monitor annual business plan goals and sales targets.
- Identify and build business relationships with business influencers who can potentially generate new business.
- Hit all personal/team sales goals and maximise profitability
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximise profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans
- Help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans including the hotel marketing plan
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan
- Help guests - you'll be happy to help if someone needs assistance with a request or complaint Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering services
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients
- Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotel and the brand locally
- Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments
- Ad-hoc duties - unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
This is the top sales and marketing job in a full or limited service hotel and may include meeting space and/or catering facilities. May manage professional level and administrative sales team members.
What we need from you
- To be considered for this role you must be holding a relevant qualification in sales/ business development and you will have a minimum of 2-4 years experience holding senior managerial position in hospitality Sales, preferably in a 4/ 5 -star property within the UAE.
- You should be available in the UAE for a face to face meeting.
- Proven experience in strategic thinking and drawing up strategic sales plans
- Proven experience in leading a team of sales & marketing professionals
- Strong personality who fosters good team working relations
- Positive with a 'can-do' attitude
- Experience working in a multicultural team including working in an isolated resort environment
- Flexible working hours, hands on, patient, people's person and very service oriented
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
What we offer
We will reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits, a great room discount, and superb training. Join us and you will become part of the global IHG family - and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us. At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected, and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.