This job is no longer accepting applications.
Responsible for all shipping related functions to include helping manage the Distribution Center loading crews. Works with the lead person and supervisor to assure timely and accurate loading of outbound product as well as timely unloading of inbound product. Helps monitor reports to be sure that product needed is here or notify the proper person if product is not here
A day in the life of...
- Manage the paper flow at the shipping window to include checking the orders before signing the bill of ladings.
- Manage customer service needs and correspondence that apply to the loads.
- Run pick slips and organize paperwork for the next shift for a smooth transition between shifts.
- Manage dock doors to utilize locations for loading and reduce idle time.
- Responsible for the bill of ladings, pick slips, potential out-of-stock, inventory and all other reports necessary for the proper operation of the shipping office.
- Work with the Transportation group and Supervisor to make sure the complete office operates as efficiently as possible.
- Work with the lead person to keep the loading crews productive.
- Manage the work for forklift drivers and keep them productive; as well as, directing the lead person and shag driver.
- Make necessary maintenance and outside calls, when needed. Keep line pullers busy and monitor easy loads that they can load.
- Capture loads loaded off line. Coordinate and manage the daily dock schedule on the PC and complete any other documents as required.
- Record all pallet totals in and out of the warehouse. Make special notations on loads as needed.
- Complies with all Nestle and plant-specific policies.
- Performs all job duties in a safe manner, while performing in a team environment and abiding by all safety rules and policies.
What Will Make You Successful
- 3 to 5 years previous work experience.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Capable of utilizing computer systems in support of distribution operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills is required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unlocking the power of food to enhance quality of life for everyone, today and for generations to come