This job is no longer accepting applications.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Under the direct supervision of the Security team, the security guard will provide support to office and personnel located in Amman. The guard is responsible of keeping the office \ facilities safeguarded and entry access controlled to ensuring that the IRC office is in compliance with all security and safety policies and procedures in Amman.
- To keenly observe and log each and every person or movement entering or exiting the premise and to keep an eye on intruders.
- Prevent and report unauthorized access.
- Remain at your post unless relieved or threatened by serious, imminent danger.
- To conduct routine checks inside the building each day and as proposed by the premise security lead.
- Immediately alert the security lead at the location on any security incident and all the suspicious acts happening in the premises.
- Maintain all equipment related to the guards in a serviceable state and immediately report any faults, damage or unserviceability to the security lead at the location.
- Not be under influence by drugs, alcohol or other substances that may impair or affect judgment or behavior.
- Log all own patrolling inside and outside office.
- Immediately respond as per IRC SOPs in the event of a medical emergency.
- Discourage and prevent any parking or other blocking of entry / exit points.
- In case of a commercial premise, to check each and every office and make sure that all the possible entrances and exits are closed, and all the lights/electric equipment are switched off.
- To answer the emergency alarms with immediate effect, and to inform the respective department (such as fire department in case of fire) right away.
- To make detailed notes of damages to the premise or assets or of unusual occurrences.
- To enforce and adhere to all the rules and regulations at the site.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Arabic language literate. Completion of the secondary school education would be an advantage.
- At least 2-3 years of prior professional experience in a similar post.
- Speak Arabic language. English would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment with a view towards establishing administrative procedures and protocol that will ensure optimal functioning of the Operation.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion
- Ability and willingness to work and come to the office under different circumstances.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The International Rescue Committee encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
Your application has been successfully submitted.