Dean of Students
PECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Develop and manage partnerships with outside agencies to support the needs of students, families, and staff
Parent Involvement and Partnership
• Develop and maintain parent involvement systems and structures.
• Develop and maintain partnerships in the community to create a resource list for guest speakers, community service opportunities and internships for students…
• Actively encourage parents to engage in their students’ academic success and other school activities.
• Communicate regularly with families and develop a supportive home-school relationship.
• In conjunction with the ESRB team, develop and oversee co and extracurricular opportunities.
• Maintain positive, constructive, and professional relationships with students, their families, and colleagues
• Be highly present and visible during school hours relentlessly ensuring a positive school environment
• Attend all after school student and family events
• Fully embrace IC’s mission, vision, and values and promote them to students, staff, other faculty, parents, and members of the outside community
• Model and support IC’s approach to rigorous academic instruction combined with instilling and reinforcing behaviors that lead to academic and life success
• Participate in working groups of staff and teachers to plan, problem solve, and support one another on an ongoing basis
School Culture and Discipline:
• Provide leadership to all staff and students in establishing a joyful, structured, and achievement-oriented school culture
• Establish and implement social skills, discipline, and school culture initiatives
• Ensure that all students and families know and abide by the school rules and norms as stated in IC’s behavior management document.
• Administer appropriate discipline to all students as outlined by IC’s Handbook
• Keep accurate student discipline records including the documentation of all parent/guardian conferences, intervention strategies, suspensions, and phone calls for behavior
• Support teachers in ensuring they set high expectations and manage their classes in accordance with IC’s expectations
• Coach teachers to implement behavior management plans and improve instructional practice especially as it relates to issues of discipline and school culture
• Collaborate with other members of the school’s leadership team to create and sustain programs for students and families that recognize and celebrate achievement and continuous progress
• Coordinate and conduct appropriate parent/teacher conferences related to attendance, discipline, and school involvement
• Communicate regularly with students, parents, and teachers regarding attendance and discipline matters
• Research, develop and implement programs to improve student attendance and discipline
• Identify, plan, and implement strategies to address barriers to learning including attendance concerns, behavior issues and social adjustment.
• Coordinate and supervise detention, in-school suspension, and extended school programs.
• Monitor the accurate compilation of daily attendance reports and records
• Monitor daily student attendance and administer IC’s attendance policies
• Plan, design, and conduct follow-through strategies to implement the school attendance program
• Coordinate school attendance learning support and interventions which assist students’ daily attendance to improve their academic achievement
Educational background and competencies:
Bachelor’s in Education or Psychology
Minimum 5 years’ experience of teaching and/or leadership experience in a school setting demonstrating use and implementation of successful student behavior management strategies
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The deadline for applying is on March 25th, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.