- MAJOR RESPONSABILITIES:
- Assist warehouse supervisor on ensuring that all Food commodities arriving at the warehouse and leaving the warehouse are properly accounted for.
- Assist warehouse supervisor to ensure advanced planning regarding number of food commodities expected in the warehouse. Prepare and carefully plan storage space.
- Scrutinize all waybills to ensure that commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
- Immediately record all missing quantities delivered, quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged and excess if any. All observation must be recorded immediately.
- Assist warehouse supervisor on off-loading of the food commodities and make sure this is done properly. Food commodities must carefully be inspected and counted during off-loading before acceptance in the warehouse.
- Supervise loading of the food commodities and timely dispatch to the distribution centers,
- Maintain good warehousing standards:
- Ensure proper storage of food commodities according to the standards of the food warehouses, stacking in an organized manner by commodities type and by shipment number to facilitate proper physical count.
- Ensure that unfit food commodities are stacked away separately from the good stocks.
- Supervising and following up on the cleanliness of the warehouse on a daily basis, taking into account the presence of insects or mice, and filling out the insect inspection form.
- Commodity Accounting:
- Assist warehouse supervisor for accurately filling and updating all the warehouse records including Ledger Books, stack cards and stock control sheets. Quantities recorded on these documents must correspond to the daily physical stock in the warehouse.
- Keep daily warehouse movement (commodities received and dispatched including the destinations) as per Warehouse supervisor instructions.
- Ensure that loading of commodities takes place after reception of Commodity Dispatch Authorization (CDA) from.
- Bachelor degree with major coursework in warehousing or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.Knowledge & Skills:
- Have computer skills with working knowledge of, Ms Excel and Ms Word.
- Should be a problem solver and have good analytical skills.
- Other Attributes:
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and humanitarian mandate.
- Adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full adherence to security protocols
- Sensitivity and respect for diversity
- warehouse based position.
- Position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours.
- Must be ready to work long hours in a stressful environment.
- This Position is Based in North Bekaa.
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only
Your application has been successfully submitted.