Senior Logistics Officer
- To oversee import, export, and cross-shipping arrangements with freight and shipping agencies and companies, by placing orders, obtaining freight offers, studying price fluctuations, tracking orders, and reporting discrepancies, to ensure timely delivery with no extra cost. In addition, managing the relationship with clearing agents and following up on customs and clearing procedures.
- Receive orders for inbound and outbound shipments and coordinate with the concerned departments for a timely process and smooth operation.
- Ensure the efficient management of shipments and the documentation associated with transit, loading, and deliveries.
- Request for quotations from freight forwarding agencies and select the most cost-effective, efficient, and timely process option to deliver the best service to the customers.
- Prepare quarterly price fluctuation studies and reports for the Procurement Manager and General Manager for proper direction, control, and confirmation of quarterly contracts with agents.
- Follow up on the shipment's status and estimated time of arrival to prepare documents for clearing to avoid delays and penalties.
- Keep track of any discrepancies in shipments by gathering feedback from warehouses and coordinating with the Procurement and Accounting departments to ensure minimal cost losses in shipments.
- Comply with the implementation of departmental policies and procedures, in order to ensure that all relevant procedural and legislative requirements are fulfilled.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety requirements, in order to guarantee employee safety and legislative compliance.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, certificate in logistics is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in logistics
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both in written and verbal , fluent in Arabic and English language
Your application has been successfully submitted.